Terradex seeks a Project Manager. The Project Manager works nimbly across many duties leveraging a variety of skill sets to help assure that the Terradex web applications are setup, customized, and properly operating to the tailored needs of each client’s use case. Client use cases most commonly involve land activity monitoring at post-cleanup and reuse sites. Matching web application features to the site specific needs can be complex and varied. Additionally, site specific needs can trigger the need for new features. As such, the Project Manager works closely, frequently, and integrally with the entire Terradex team (data, operations, product development, business development, principals) to serve existing and evolving client needs.
Be an expert
Maintain a deep understanding of the subject matter related to client needs and use cases (e.g., environmental cleanup, redevelopment, post-cleanup stewardship, institutional controls, etc.) and the associated state rules and regulations related to these use cases.
Serve client needs
- Interview and “intake” client use case needs for both existing and new clients, and manage web application “setup” on an ongoing basis to accommodate tailored needs.
- Maintain close relationships with clients, identify additional client needs and use cases, and help create additional web applications (with product development team) to serve client needs.
- Respond to ad hoc questions and requests from the Terradex user base.
- Routinely perform client-specific quality assurance reviews (working with the data team) to assure that land activity data monitoring is occurring correctly.
- Routinely test and operate the web applications for ease-of-use, areas for improved features, and similar product testing.
Be a manager
- Create monthly reports (e.g., LandWatch Activity Report) and deliver to clients, using web application dashboard analytics.
- Create invoices, track budgets, track contract periods. Work with 3rd-party vendors.
Be a pioneer and inventor, too
- Draw from your creativity and experience working with clients to identify new use cases and possible Terradex offerings, and outline ideas for internal vetting.
- Work with the product development team to implement new offerings.
Help Terradex grow
- Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Demo Terradex applications and help create slideshow presentations.
- Help prepare proposals.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for the Terradex mission, be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, have excellent communication and organizational skills, and show a strong desire to become part of our elite team. While we hold these attributes as
being most important, specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree with some relation to environmental cleanup and stewardship and/or web applications serving this industry (e.g., environmental science, engineering, policy, GIS, computer sciences, or others).
- Client management experience.
- Experience and solid understanding of the environmental cleanup, brownfields redevelopment and environmental risk management industry.
- Experience and understanding of land use decision making and procedures, such as local government approvals and permitting, water well permitting procedures, and similar.
- Experience and solid skills navigating large dataset workflows against time limits
and QA metrics.
- General understanding of GIS technology (GIS proficiency not required).
- Self-motivated and be able to work well with a remote team (e.g., using remote team messaging and management tools).
Salary & Benefits
The Salary and Benefits we offer to the successful candidate will depend on their experience. Terradex is an equal opportunity employer.